Director, eCommerce Analytics & Pricing
Location: 5918 STONERIDGE MALL RD, PLEASANTON, California 94588
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The eCommerce Department has an opening for a Director, eCommerce Analytics & Pricing supporting Data & Insights team. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
Albertsons seeks to offer customers an easy, exciting, and friendly eCommerce shopping experience, through the invention of personalized and localized digital experiences for our 34 million plus weekly customers.
The Director of Ecommerce Analytics and Pricing will be responsible for leading analytics and pricing for the Data & Insights team to meet the rapid growth of our eCommerce business and loyalty programs. Your role will involve a mix of strategy, analytics, pricing, and the ability to convert insights into actions in collaboration with other team members. You will have a background in delivering outstanding analytics and insights across web and merchandising analytics, customer lifetime value, and pricing and promotion optimization. To be successful in this role, you will need to be hands-on, a thought leader in the space, know when to outsource vs. build, and work cross functionally with our merchandising, owned brands, loyalty, marketing, and products teams. Additionally, candidates who have a strategic consulting background that has given them a broad scope of experiences, the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously and present findings to senior leadership is preferred.
The grocery industry is underdeveloped in eCommerce, and this person will contribute to influencing the future of grocery eCommerce and establish Albertsons as an industry leader. There are very few places where you can have this much customer and business impact and help shape the future of e-commerce. If you are up to the challenge, we would love to talk to you!
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead, grow and develop an analytics team responsible for driving actionable insights for the Data and Insights team. Responsibilities include web and merchandising analytics (including page effectiveness, product placement optimization, site friction points, traffic and conversion metrics, personalization, etc.), pricing, and promotional optimization.
- Utilize big data analytics and data science modeling techniques to build machine learning models necessary to uncover opportunities associated with site optimization, customer journey, and personalization to maximize customer lifetime value.
- Create a test and learn culture to unlock value and drive continuous improvement within the customer experience.
- Work with the internal IT stakeholders to identify, develop or enhance the applications portfolio that supports E-Commerce operational excellence. Ensure the Analytics team has the necessary data and tools to understand site optimization and the customer journey from site entrance to order placement. The collaboration with IT would also include understanding all the disparate data sources, identifying data gaps, and setting the priorities roadmap for migrating all relevant operational data to a single reporting platform of record.
- Develop strategies and provide direction for the development and application of Business Intelligence tools that provide robust KPI's and drill down capabilities to unlock site optimization opportunities.
- Keep a tab on best practices across the industry and continuously improve internal processes by imbibing these.
- Able to deal with ambiguity, a go-getter who figure things out, and is able to turn insights into executable strategies that improve financial results.
- Interface and drive engagement with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate the insights and recommendations in a succinct and easy-to-understand manner to senior leadership with a focus on the what as opposed to the how and gain consensus to drive desired change.
- Degree in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Applied Analytics, Operations Research; Masters preferred.
- A change agent, someone who has a strong foundation in data and analytics in a retail environment (pricing, digital marketing and supply chain experience is a plus)
- 8+ years of total experience, with 4+ years at a top management consulting firm.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Business Analytics with strong experience in statistical techniques and their application in solving business questions.
- Must be very experienced in the use of Excel, SQL (or similar database languages).
- 4+ years of professional experience in leading analytics in web and merchandising analytics, pricing and promotional optimization, and customer lifetime value.
- Strong leadership experience.
- Aptitude for strategic thinking and problem solving in a fluid environment.
- Exceptional at prioritizing and focusing on the highest value opportunities.
- Ability to stay goal oriented and act with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a member of cross-functional teams to deliver results.
- Executive presence and mindset, with the ability to roll up sleeves when necessary.
- Excellent communication skills, able to present, negotiate and influence at C-level.
- Exceptional networking, relationship building and influencing skills.
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Work day is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting.adp.com/srccsh/public/RTI.home?r=5000716956906&c=1208301&d=External&rb=???