Director Engineering, Intelligent Automation
Location: 5918 STONERIDGE MALL RD, PLEASANTON, California 94588
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Albertsons Technology Team has an opening for an Intelligent Automation Engineering Director. The preferred location for this position is Livermore, California.
Accountable for developing and executing the strategy for introducing intelligent automation capabilities to the enterprise. Albertson's Companies is looking for a leader that is interested in harnessing the power of modern intelligent technologies to drive automation and optimize current manual and inefficient operational processes. The Director will work closely with strategic vendors, other engineering teams and portfolio/platform teams across the enterprise to enable a suite of intelligent capabilities, identify high-value opportunities and deliver solutions. This leader should have an excellent engineering foundation and be well-rounded in architecting, building, and maintaining world class technology solutions and have experience in a broad range of business/technical operations areas. The successful candidate should possess the technical acumen and managerial experience to lead a team that includes high-potential architects and engineers. The position requires a strategic leadership approach, exceptional management skills, and strong cross-team and cross-functional collaboration skills. This role requires exceptional communication skills and the ability to work with senior leadership, technology peers, key business partners, technical staff, and external partners. We are looking for someone with strong interpersonal skills, who flourishes with tight schedules, has the capability to solve complex problems, and thrives in our high energy, fast paced environment.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the planning and execution of strategic Intelligent Automation initiatives
- Own the technology roadmap for the Intelligent Automation platform and solutions that leverage it and responsible for delivering successful projects to optimize this platform and solutions.
- As product owner, work with other technical teams to ensure that technical strategies, architecture guidelines, and standards are realized
- Define and own project planning, budget estimation and management, resource planning, financial planning, and risk assessment
- Recruit and retain talent in a high performing engineering product team
- Strengthen relationships with key technology vendors to help enable ongoing optimization of the Intelligent Automation platform
- Accountable for the successful delivery (on-time, on-budget, w/ highest quality) of the Intelligent Automation product and projects
- Ensure alignment with the company's standards and procedures for project management, architecture direction, development standards, security requirements, and supportability.
- Provide team members with an environment of coaching, mentoring, feedback, and staff development
- Work across the technology and engineering organization to build strong relationships that foster a team spirit
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related Bachelors Degree
- 10+ years of experience in software engineering, engineering management, and delivering large-scale enterprise services is required
- 5+ years of experience engineering solutions within the retail sector, grocery preferred
- 5+ years of experience leading & managing high performing engineering teams
- Proven ability to deliver results against project schedules while ensuring timelines and high quality work
- Prior experience delivering engineering solutions
- Experience developing technology roadmaps and investment plans that align to the business priorities
- Understanding of intelligent automation technology space including RPA, Cognitive Services, IOT, etc..
- Deep experience developing and managing small to large engineering teams both onshore and offshore
- Strong communication and leadership skills with the demonstrated ability to lead and influence Technology and Engineering professionals across the enterprise
- Comfortable with ambiguity, operating with a high degree of initiative, and possessing a strong sense of urgency
- Excellent oral and written skills with the ability to interact with senior management, technical subject matter experts, and business customers are all essential in this role
- Well-organized, detail oriented, and someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Travel 10%
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Work day is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting.adp.com/srccsh/public/RTI.home?r=5000705967306&c=1208301&d=External&rb=???