Odgers Berndtson is the 6th largest global executive search firm. Our Technology Practice is retained to fill several Director Level Security Solutions Architect roles for a Tier 1 client in the Professional Services/Consulting IT Sector.
As cloud transformation accelerates, so does the need for platforms, applications, and data to be fully protected from cyber threats. Our client provides leading solutions for companies globally to migrate to the Cloud securely.
As a Director and senior member of the global security organization, you will be working on many of the most exciting, complex, and leading-edge projects globally, advising, guiding, and executing technical strategies and roadmaps to secure clients' journey to the Cloud. You help solution their future capabilities and introduce managed security services to help them operate and run their Cloud and Network Security services.
You will be responsible for partnering across a highly matrixed organization to solve and lead large-scale, complex projects for enterprise clients. Advising clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how security technology enables a wide range of business outcomes you will build, implement, drive, and execute strategies that result in business growth, and increase client successes by delivering innovative security solutions leveraging the Microsoft portfolio of Cloud & Infrastructure Security, Application Security, Digital Identity, Data Protection, and Cyber Security Incubation offerings.
You will play an active role in transforming the client's approach to Security in the Cloud across both public, and hybrid cloud services, ensuring they mature their security operations through designing and implementing new strategies, technologies, and compliance frameworks to help clients manage and govern their Cloud and network security footprint.
As a senior member of our client's security practice, you will be in a unique position to work for clients, ranging in size from medium to large global enterprise clients. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the entire organization by being a collaborative and knowledge-sharing individual, with a real chance to help shape the global security offerings.
- As an experienced cybersecurity technical advisor with a track record of guiding senior client stakeholders, including CISO's on major change programs, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Highly skilled at advising and shaping solutions during the client scoping phase (pre-sales), playing a critical role in the evolution of a future state cybersecurity framework essential for successful cloud transformation and adoption
- Comfortable facing off to the most senior stakeholders and able to build a robust cybersecurity roadmap for clients, recommending appropriate products and services
- Lead medium to large projects and project teams on an international basis and have a high degree of comfort operating within the grey - essential for success in this role.
- Manage deliverables, deliver against critical milestones, and possess the commercial credibility and gravitas to develop and maintain long-term strategic client relationships.
- Shape security architectures for existing and proposed technologies and identify opportunities to grow market presence
- Drive cybersecurity offerings in the market, including effectively positioning and solutions those offerings/sub-offerings with sales teams, channels, and target clients (Direct and Indirect)
- Conduct detailed risk analyses and assessments to understand and explain client problems and utilize standard consulting management skills such as facilitation, interviewing, gap analysis, etc.
- Write complete client proposals, including crafting the proposed solution and collaborating with other co-workers to secure new client work.
- Lead and support the initial solution delivery of a broad range of Security engagements.
- Play a leading role in solution and related sales activities by working closely with account and sales teams to ensure proposition and solution alignment.
- Develop strong and positive relationships with client executives, effectively sell follow-on Security engagements.
- Experience designing and implementing Cloud Security Controls to meet the compliance or industry best practice needs of clients.
- Deep expertise in designing and implementing cloud-native Security Controls following industry, security, and compliance best practices.
- Sound understanding of managing and governing Cloud and network security controls within public and hybrid cloud architectures.
- Proven understanding of the business, privacy, security, and compliance challenges surrounding the secure development lifecycle and a passion for solving these challenges for clients.
- Substantial experience in security, incident, and event management solutions, their design, and implementation.
- A good understanding of threat modeling, risk, and how to mitigate the risks concerning applications, both from internal and external threat actors.
- With an eye on the future, you will be aware of emerging technologies in the application security landscape and be aware of the latest tools and techniques to mitigate threats.
- Ideally, you will have experience working on the Microsoft platform; however, breadth of expertise across other cybersecurity solution providers is equally valuable, and our client can provide focused training to bring you up to speed rapidly.
- Substantial experience in technology-related Management Consulting positions, with a bias towards Cybersecurity from a management/IT professional services firm and/or major enterprise.
- Experience managing projects, budgets, and teams.
- Extensive pre-sales experience in large technology programs.
- Experience in application, infrastructure, or identity cybersecurity.
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with executive-level clients, assessing their goals and objectives, and the ability to translate ideas into strategic and practical solution recommendations.
- Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the-box solutions.
- Autonomous, positive thinker, highly flexible, and willing to work independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience in assessing and managing the opportunity and risk associated with complex, large-scale consulting projects.
- Ability to guide and direct teams in the development, production, and promotion of solution offerings.
- Experience working with global teams and/or offshore teams to facilitate project work.
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with executive-level clients, assessing their goals and objectives, and the ability to translate ideas into strategic and practical solutions.
This role can be based in any US location with a preference for being near cities with major airports.
Please refer to Women in Technology and contact depending on your location:
Midwest & South: Rick Pedersen, Principal
Rick.Pedersen@odgersberndtson.com Mobile: 914 649 3240
Northeast & West: Daniel Marvin, Principal
Daniel.Marvin@odgersberndtson.com Mobile: 603 344 7032