DevOps Engineer II
Sierra Nevada Corporation
Do you have an eye for detail and a passion for developing innovation solutions? Join our team! Our DevOps Engineers work in an agile, collective environment with other members of our Data Warehouse Technical Team. You will be using your skills and expertise to define, design, develop, test, certify and improve data pipelines and other key components of our cloud-based Data & Analytics environment. You'll perform coding, debugging, testing, releasing and troubleshooting throughout our development process. Your technical duties involve the design and development of new Data & Analytics products throughout the product lifecycle. You will also be responsible for documenting process and tools as well as reviewing current CI/CD configuration for best practices and latest standards.
The ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance), Aviation, and Security (IAS) business area is a leader in ISR and aviation, it is a leading prime manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for innovative, high-performance ISR and aviation systems. Its end-to-end Command, Control, Computers, Communications and Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (C4ISR) capabilities encompass design, integration, test, certification, ground/flight training and complete logistics support. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations - with an unrivaled record of on time and on (or under) budget deliveries. Learn more about IAS
- Working in a cross-functional innovative product development team that includes Infrastructure Engineers, Developers, QAs, Designers and Product Managers.
- Responsible for developing and owning complex infrastructures and ensuring infrastructure and tooling is an enabler of program agility.
- Driving innovation through continuously evaluating how to integrate tools for our delivery tools box such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Virtual Reality, and Augmented Reality.
- A leader and who will define standard methodologies to increase quality, reduce cycle time, reduce cost, increase visibility, and improve ability to adapt to changing needs.
- Generous paid time off and flex time
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health
- Mentorship and Growth Programs
- Exclusive SNC company events
- Educational reimbursement opportunities
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with fellow SNCers
- Free on-site fitness center
- State-of-the-art coffee house
- Full-service Cafeteria with planned breakfast and lunch options
- Modern Campus setting built with collaboration spaces, spectacular mountain views and natural light throughout
- Access to walking and biking trails
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences
Success looks like:
- Experience with cloud deployments or hybrid solutions
- Ability to define, design, and implement an automated continuous integration/continuous delivery system
- Innovative and able to provide vision into the art of the possible to support program and customer needs
- Product development agility, velocity & quality
- Performance and reliability of automation and monitoring tools
- Strong team player motivated by team success
- Bachelor's degree in related engineering discipline and 3+ years of relevant experience
- Comfortable in one or more of the following languages (Python, Java, Scala, Go, Rust, Ruby, or similar)
- Efficiently skilled with the use of containers in enterprise production environments (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, LXC, AWS ECS and EKS)
- Understanding of automation frameworks including at least one of the following: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt
- Demonstrated fluency with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Gitlab CI/CD, AWS CodeBuild, Bamboo, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, Azure DevOps)
- A firm understanding of how both application and infrastructure as code changes are deployed using tools like AWS SAM, CloudFormation, and Terraform
- Experience with Jira
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required. Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
- Certified Kubernetes Administrator Certification
- Working proficiency in object oriented languages like: Java, C++, C#
- Working proficiency with linting, SCA, SAST, DAST, security in IAC, container hygiene, and secrets management
- Working proficiency with software tools for requirements tracking, code reviews, static analysis
- Experience with legacy applications, Java application development, API and Microservices usage
- Understanding of embedded systems and software that interacts with hardware
- Experience working with Government customers to solve unique issues
- Experience in the GEOINT community
Bonus Points if:
- Certified DevOps Engineer Professional
- Certified Solution Architect in one of the Hyperscalers ideally AWS
- Docker Certified Associate Certification
- Infrastructure as Code Certification
Requisition opened in reference to R0018756.
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America's fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
Estimated Starting Salary Range: $104,827.91 - $144,138.38
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 6%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. SNC is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Contributions to SNC come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.
To apply, please visit: https://snc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/SNC_External_Career_Site/job/Englewood-CO/DevOps-Engineer-II_R0020055
About Sierra Nevada Corporation
Owned by Chairwoman and President Eren Ozmen and CEO Fatih Ozmen, Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) is a trusted leader in solving the world's toughest challenges through best-of-breed, open architecture engineering in Space Systems, Commercial Solutions, and National Security and Defense. For nearly 60 years, SNC has delivered state-of-the-art civil, military and commercial solutions to customers worldwide, including more than 4,000 space systems, subsystems and components. SNC has participated in more than 450 missions to space, including to Mars, and is recognized among The Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Space. SNC is also a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force and is the only aerospace and defense firm selected as a 2020 US Best Managed Company.
From engineers and scientists to cybersecurity experts and software developers, SNC's workforce of nearly 5,000 dreams, innovates, inspires and empowers the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination.
Please visit www.sncorp.com to learn more about SNC, its business areas, capabilities, programs, products and services.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, SNC Is required to comply with protocols. SNC aligns its COVID requirements, including mandatory vaccine requirements for employees, based on the status of applicable court orders and injunctions. SNC will take no action to implement the requirements in locations subject to a court order prohibiting the enforcement of Executive Order 14042 protocols. The status of these protocols are subject to change depending on the course of ongoing litigation, and candidates may later be required to show proof of COVID vaccination or have an approved exemption.