Location: 5918 STONERIDGE MALL RD, PLEASANTON, California 94588
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a DevOps Engineer. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
If you thrive in a challenging, fun and fast-paced environment, the DevOps Engineer at Albertsons-Safeway's Digital DevOps department is for you. As a DevOps Engineer, you will lead and participate in implementing several key initiatives lined for eCommerce, Loyalty and Data Engineering Programs by building and supporting scalable, highly available, fault-tolerant, big data platform which is critical for our success.
DevOps team's mission is to build a state-of-the-art big data platform to bring value out of data for us, for our partners, and for our customers. Our goal is to democratize data, support Albertsons exploding eCommerce business, provide reporting and analytics self-service tools, and fuel existing and new business critical initiatives.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design, implement, test, and maintain tools and processes for build, deployment, and configuration management.
- Ensure accessibility, security, reliability, availability, and performance of infrastructure.
- Administer tools and processes to build, test, deploy, and monitor software.
- Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations.
- Being the last line of support of services and applications in production.
- Evangelize a DevOps culture of automation, self-service, and engineering best practices to enable development teams to go from development to production with a minimum effort.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Minimum 3+ years of comprehensive experience with Azure including a solid understanding of CI/CD pipeline, Jenkins, Maven, Spring Boot.
- 10+ years of strong and proven experience in DevOps, Automation and/or Software development lifecycle.
- Strong knowledge of all layers of the TCP/IP stack and common Internet services/protocols such as SMTP, DNS, LDAP, NTP, and HTTP.
- Experience with unit and UI testing frameworks, such as Selenium, Junit, or TestNG
- Proficiency in shell scripting and Python highly desirable.
- Deep troubleshooting skills that involves analysis of logs, traffic trace, configuration data, automation tools to resolve issues until end-to-end systems are functioning.
- Experience with infrastructure provisioning tools such as Chef, Terraform, or Puppet in production environments with many nodes, and understanding of Linux and Windows Platforms.
- Experience deploying to and orchestrating containers in production environments (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with restful services, service-oriented architecture, distributed systems, cloud system (Azure) and API Management.
- Strong mission to put pro-active solutions in place to prevent future problems and automate processes so that engineers can self-service their operational requirements.
- Passion of Open source technologies, developing common libraries to be used by developer community.
- Strong experience in developing Platform components and help development teams to build consistent applications.
- Required ability to work across platforms and languages at all levels of the stack.
- A strong motivation for self-directed learning when called for to take on challenges to provide solutions in fast faced environment in areas API management, Microservices, DevOps and Common Frameworks.
- In depth knowledge on developing frameworks, common services in collaboration with development community.
- Ability to work in Agile environment.
- Development experience in designing/implementing large scale, distributed systems in production class software on public cloud platforms such as Azure and GCP.
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Work day is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting.adp.com/srccsh/public/RTI.home?r=5000691017306&c=1208301&d=External&rb=???