Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
About the Role
We are looking for a skilled cloud infrastructure engineer to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for working with software engineers to build and maintain Kintent's cloud infrastructure, tooling, and software deployment pipelines as well as ensuring the uptime and availability of Kintent's Software as a Service (SaaS) platform. You will be part of a highly collaborative, tight-knit team that prioritizes accessibility, inclusion, and independent thought.
To ensure success in this role, you should have knowledge of cloud infrastructure, including some experience with AWS and implementing infrastructure as code, an understanding of networking topologies and configuration, solid troubleshooting skills, and an eagerness to learn on the job. Kintent is a fast-paced environment, and you should feel comfortable communicating proactively and working with your teammates to rapidly deliver high-quality work.
We Will Rely On You To:
- Collaborate with software engineers to design, deploy, maintain, and secure cloud infrastructure on AWS for deploying Kintent's platform.
- Participate in technology evaluation of new tools and cloud solutions to enhance Kintent's products.
- Develop, enhance, maintain, and automate software deployment pipelines and developer productivity tooling.
- Implement logging and monitoring solutions, and work with the rest of the engineering team to ensure uptime and availability of the platform.
- Work to foster a DevOps culture with the entire engineering team.
We Want You To:
- BE AN OWNER: You will be responsible for owning your work, bringing ideas to the table, and investigating solutions to problems. You'll have a voice at the table, on par with anyone else's within the company
- BE CREATIVE: You will be able to flex your creativity — we'll encourage you to come up with creative solutions and work with your team to bring these ideas to life
- BE INCLUSIVE: You will be empowered to keep inclusion at the forefront of everything we do — whether by selecting and building accessible tools, or ensuring that the needs of all of Kintent's internal and external customers are met.
- BE METICULOUS: Whether working within your immediate team, with folks across the company, or directly with customers, you will be expected to be organized and thorough
- Experience as a cloud infrastructure engineer with one or more of the major cloud infrastructure providers (AWS preferred).
- A well-developed understanding of cloud infrastructure and networking concepts.
- Experience working on infrastructure as code, utilizing tools such as Terraform.
- Experience building CI/CD deployment pipelines with Jenkins or similar products.
- Familiarity with one or more logging and monitoring solutions.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
How we work
We're passionate about building Kintent as a remote-first company from the ground up. That means that no matter where you are in the world, we'll work hard to help you feel welcomed and heard. The well-being of our team members is our top priority, and we'll support you through great benefits such as flexible time off (and the ability to actually use it), a generous parental leave policy, flexible work schedule, and first-class health insurance.
Every day, each of us works to embody our shared THREAD of values:
- We strive to continuously earn the trust of our team, customers, investors and all other stakeholders — proving to them that they can depend on us
- We are diligent caretakers of the health of our business, but never prioritize it over the mental and physical health of our team
- We are passionate about being respectful and courteous. There's no excuse for being a jerk
- Our strategy and operations are driven by evidence, which we collect from our customers, product, team and partners
- We are fanatical about transparency, and hold ourselves accountable for everything we do
- We work hard to nurture a team that is diverse in identity, belief, background, thought & experience. Our diversity makes us stronger
We are on a mission to make it effortless to earn trust in every business relationship. We believe that if your customers trust you, they will do more with you. Kintent's initial focus is to democratize every SMB's ability to quickly and cost-effectively adopt formal security and compliance programs, measure the accuracy of the program, and confidently share their compliance program with customers. With Kintent, compliance becomes a habit, is simple to understand and implement, and is continuously testable so that your customers can see that you are adhering to all your compliance obligations.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kintent is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.