Build Software Engineer (Remote)
Citrix builds the secure digital workspace technology that frees 400,000 customers to do their very best work from anywhere. By joining our award-winning workplace, you'll be included in the globally diverse, collaborative team that values work-life balance. Come see why Fortune named us one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For. Let's innovate and grow together!
What we're looking for:
You are an expert in designing and maintaining software build systems and CI/CD pipeline automation. You come with very strong analytical and technical skills and are comfortable working with both cloud VMs and datacenter hardware.
As a Build Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the design and maintenance of the software build systems and CI/CD pipeline automation for Citrix releases, allowing regular releases of builds to the Citrix development teams. This would entail designing, implementing, executing, and debugging the build environment using Azure services, Jenkins, TeamCity, Python, PowerShell, Ansible, and Packer. You will maintain product code repositories using Bitbucket and GitHub source control tools.
You will be involved with planning and prioritization of design and development activities to resolve a wide range of issues. You will be expected to demonstrate the ability to multitask. You will work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of many systems and factors. You should be comfortable working in a geographically distributed team, with remote management. You will be able to serve in an on-call rotation designed to keep our mission critical services running smoothly.
- Design and maintain software build systems and CI/CD pipeline automation
- Provide support to Product Engineering teams for new product and maintenance releases
- Ensure security compliance across all build infrastructure
- Continually review and rework build automation to be more efficient and reliable
- Troubleshoot compilation and script issues in various projects.
- Prioritize multiple tasks based on project urgency
- Coordinate tasks across multiple sites per project
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Resolve critical issues raised during PagerDuty monitoring rotation
- Bachelor or Master's degree in computer science engineering or related fields.
- 2+ years of experience in software development, with a focus in Build, SCM, DevOps, or Release Engineering.
- Proficient in continuous integration tools such as Jenkins and TeamCity
- Ability to implement automated solutions using PowerShell, Python, Groovy, Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible and Packer
- Maintain code repositories using tools such as Bitbucket and GitHub
- Configure and maintain build agent VMs in both Azure and XenServer
- Experience with Agile development methodology (preferably SAFe/scrum) and tools (Confluence, Jira, Miro, Slack, Teams etc.)
What you're looking for:
Everyone is welcome at Citrix. We prioritize diversity, equity, inclusion, and a culture of belonging, and celebrate bringing our courageous, authentic selves to work. We believe this way of working helps us innovate, and it's just one of the reasons why our employees continuously recognize Citrix as a great place to work.
Citrix helps make work more sustainable to benefit the planet, our business, and our communities. For more than 30 years, we have empowered individuals and organizations to work remotely or work from anywhere, reducing commuting emissions and energy consumption in the process.
We are the #1 leader in Virtual Client Computing (VCC) and #2 in the Application Delivery Controller (ADC) space, and we have key partnerships with top cloud providers. We'll give you the tools, learning opportunities, mentorship, and flexibility to achieve your goals. Come see why you belong at Citrix, with our culture supporting purposeful innovation and growth from within.
We offer a competitive total rewards package* that includes:
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave
- Health and wellness benefits
- Employee assistance program
- Retirement benefits
- Education assistance
- Time off and absence programs
- Professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Paid volunteer time and charitable matching of employee donations
- Employee resource groups
- And more!
**Please note that benefits may vary based on location.
At Citrix, our employees perform extraordinary acts of creativity and service every day. We provide benefits and rewards that meet the diverse needs of our employees by offering competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits, and equitable rewards opportunities for all employees. In the state of Colorado, the salary for this role generally ranges from $100,560 -$125,700 but may vary depending on your qualifications including job-related education, training, experience, licensure, and certification, that could result at a level outside of this range. Certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including annual bonus, sales incentives, and/or stock depending on the terms of the applicable plan and role as well as individual performance. Benefits may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Citrix and the country where you work. U.S. based employees are typically offered access to healthcare, life insurance and disability benefits, 401(k) plan and company match, employee stock purchase program (ESPP), and education assistance program, among others.
Citrix uses applicant information consistent with the Citrix Recruitment Policy Notice at https://www.citrix.com/about/legal/privacy/citrix-recruitment-privacy-notice.html
Citrix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at (877) 924-8749 or email us at ASKHR@citrix.com for assistance.
By applying, you are giving Citrix consent to be considered for future openings of other roles of similar qualifications.
To apply, please visit: https://citrix.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CitrixCareers/job/Fort-Lauderdale/Build-Software-Engineer--Remote-_R32936