Audio Visual Support Specialist
About College of the Holy Cross:
Founded in 1843 in Worcester, Massachusetts, the College of the Holy Cross is among the nation's leading liberal arts institutions. A highly selective, four-year, exclusively undergraduate college of 3,000 students, Holy Cross is renowned for offering a rigorous, personalized education in the Jesuit, Catholic tradition.
Holy Cross highly values the unique skills, perspective, talents and passion that each employee contributes to its learning community. To work at The College is to accept an invitation to participate in the growth and development of all campus members, students, faculty and staff. The College's commitment to diversity is an important feature of the Holy Cross education. Informed by the presence of diverse interpretations of the human experience, Holy Cross is building a community marked by freedom, mutual respect, and civility. We seek others who support our values of diversity and inclusiveness. Job candidates of all diverse backgrounds who embrace the open and inclusive culture of Holy Cross are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Reporting to the Classroom and Events AV Coordinator, this position is responsible for day-to-day operations and maintenance of AV equipment, including Windows and Mac computers connected to AV equipment, for the Campus Community, providing direct support to faculty, planned and reactive maintenance of video projectors, sound systems and other AV equipment, operations of A-V systems for events, and some photography, audio recording and videography. Provide support for campus events, both virtual and in-person. Provide support for the technical operation of the film systems in the Seelos Theater. Assist the Classroom and Events AV Coordinator with planning, project management, and installation of new A-V systems and system upgrades.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Support AV and related technology (such as the instructor PC/Mac) in the classroom spaces, including video conferencing equipment in our hyflex classrooms.
- Support virtual events, through platforms such as Zoom.
- Coordinate the maintenance and support of an extensive fleet of AV equipment across campus. Clean filters, perform periodic adjustments, repair or swap out failed equipment. Minor bench repairs of equipment when possible. Assist with the planning and installation of new classrooms and AV spaces, including vendor coordination. Assist with classroom and other service calls. Dispose of unsalvageable equipment by approved means. Maintain repair logs. Prioritize repairs and maintenance based on institutional needs. Configure Extron control systems.
- Assist with the planning and operation of the AV components of special events. When necessary, operate equipment for these events. Provide consulting, training and maintenance for Conference Services/Hogan and Athletics.
- Assist with the operations of the AV office, including answering telephones, entering information into databases, using web-based and other applications. Organize inventory.
- Train users in the operation of AV systems and equipment.
- Operate systems for recording of events throughout the campus. Edit the captured material, making it available in a form usable by the requesting party.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma required. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred. InfoComm CTS or demonstrated equivalent experience required, CTS-I preferred.
- Knowledge of virtual event platforms, such as Zoom, required.
- Experience in operations maintenance of audio-visual equipment and multimedia technologies. Familiarity with current A-V standards, evolving technologies, and applicable laws and codes, particularly as related to accessibility. Ability to solder and repair cables and connectors required, experience with other equipment repairs preferred.
- Crestron and Extron Control system and GUI design and programming preferred.
- Knowledgeable in wiring and terminating Cat 6 certified cabling, soldering, crimping, cable management preferred.
- Knowledge of system flow drawings of Audio Visual installations required.
- Certifications in the following a plus: Extron Electronics, Dante, Biamp TesiraForte, and/or Crestron.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds, work in a seated, kneeling or standing position, climb ladders and stairs, discern colors, adjust focus of optical systems, and adjust audio systems required. The position entails moderate levels of exposure to dust and hot/cold environmental conditions.
This is a full time, exempt level position.
The College of the Holy Cross is a private, Jesuit Catholic, undergraduate institution serving approximately 3,000 students. Founded in 1843, Holy Cross is the oldest Catholic college in New England and has a tradition of academic excellence. It is located atop Mount Saint James in Worcester, Massachusetts. The picturesque, 174-acre campus is an award-winning and registered arboretum.
Worcester is a city of approximately 170,000 people centrally located in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. It is approximately one hour from Boston, Hartford, and Providence, and three hours from New York City. Worcester is known as the Heart of the Commonwealth. Worcester offers many cultural and recreational opportunities.
The College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and complies with all Federal and Massachusetts laws concerning Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action in the workplace.
A member of the Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts (HECCMA).
To review our Employee Benefit Options, please go to: https://www.holycross.edu/human-resources/benefits
Please attach a cover letter addressing the position requirements along with your resume.
In your cover letter please address how your work supports the College's mission as a Jesuit, undergraduate liberal arts college (see http://www.holycross.edu/mission) and its core commitment to diversity and inclusion. For more information, please visit http://holycross.edu/diversity.
Review of applications will begin as received and continue until the position has been filled.
To apply, visit https://holycross.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=126570
The College of the Holy Cross is a highly selective Catholic liberal arts college in the Jesuit tradition. It enrolls about 3,000 students and is located in a medium-sized city 45 miles west of Boston. The College seeks faculty members whose scholarship, teaching, advising, and on- and off-campus service demonstrate commitment to the educational benefits of a richly diverse community. Holy Cross aspires to meet the needs of dual-career couples, in part through its membership in Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts (http://www.heccma.org) and the New England Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (https://new-england.hercjobs.org/)