The Vice President, Avalanche Engineering will be responsible for the design, development, and delivery of the Actian Avalanche cloud data warehouse platform. Actian Avalanche encompasses both high performance analytic capabilities as well as rich data integration facilities and is delivered as a fully managed service on AWS, Azure and soon on Google Cloud, and as a customer managed solution on premises. The VP of Avalanche Engineering will have responsibility for research and development, performance engineering and the end-to-end customer experience delivered by a very talented but geographically distributed team.
With our strong history of record-breaking performance, the VP of Avalanche Engineering will continue and build upon a legacy of technical innovation. They will have the opportunity to mentor and develop an already outstanding engineering team, with a long-term focus on sustainability.
Close collaboration with product management, sales engineering, quality assurance and release management teams will be essential for success.
- Lead and grow the engineering team, carefully balancing the talented current team with the need to build centers of excellence in key geographic locations.
- Collaborate with the Product Team to develop technical strategy, and to maintain and deliver to a product roadmap that will continue Actian's legacy of high performance and technical innovation
- Manage the engineering teams to ensure a high degree of alignment, ruthless prioritization, timely releases of products in support of strategic company initiatives
- Relentlessly drive improvements to end-to-end user experience through discovery, analysis, and action
- Ensure scalable development, testing, and deployment process to maintain and improve product reliability, scalability, and performance
- Invest in developing the current and future leaders of the engineering organization as the team scales
- Technical Competence: Well versed in cloud and container technologies with a proven record of building scalable enterprise software, as well as experience providing leadership and direction to others in how to efficiently solve complex challenges
- Team Leadership: Demonstrated ability to lead high performing, geographically distributed, engineering teams, where individuals are encouraged to innovate, along with a consistent ability to attract, assess, select, develop, motivate, and retain the best talent
- Results-Oriented: Proven history of leading and managing engineering teams to release products to large enterprise customers with the ability to build and deploy high-quality software in a fast-paced environment
- Collaboration and Influencing: Ability to influence cross-functionally in product management, marketing, sales, strategy and other areas in order to ensure alignment on the priorities of the engineering team and to facilitate a proactive dialogue on the possibilities and constraints of the business
- Strategic Orientation: Strong facility with following and synthesizing strategic trends in the market, and altering course as required to ensure that engineering enables the company to capitalize on those trends
- Minimum of 10+ years of engineering leadership experience with a strong track record of successful development and delivery of complex, enterprise-class cloud solutions that resulted in material market impact
- A highly driven leader that is known to deliver in highly dynamic environments; successful experience of setting the vision, and building, leading and motivating a widely distributed engineering team
- Track record of retaining, developing, motivating, and mentoring highly effective teams.
- A team player, who works effectively in a team-based organization, collaborates cross-functionally and builds support and alignment around goals and objectives
- A combination of domain expertise in cloud services, analytics, data integration required. In depth understanding of storage, network, cloud infrastructure a bonus.
- Demonstrated track record of implementing enhanced product development processes that shorten release cycles and improve "time to market" for new products
- Able to embed and lead world-class software development processes and practices
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency