Technical Lead - Retail Media Network /Ad Tech
Location: 5918 STONERIDGE MALL RD, Pleasanton, California 94588
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Technology & Engineering Department has an opening for a Technical Lead in the Digital Marketing group within the Retail Media Network / AdTech team to create and deliver solutions that operate efficiently in a large-scale environment. This position is located in Pleasanton, California or Dallas, TX
This role will be an individual contributor role with hands-on engineering responsibilities to lead Development/Engineering and QA teams in delivering projects that pertain to Digital Marketing. The candidate will work closely with the Technology and Engineering Director or Manager of Digital Customer Experience, and partner with its peer development team members, other cross-functional Technology and Engineering teams, business stakeholders and leadership team distributed across geographical locations including Pleasanton CA or Dallas, TX.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides technical leadership and guidance in the architecture and design of Advertising Technology and Retail Media Network capabilities.
- Responsible for leading distributed technical teams (on-shore, off-shore and near-shore) through all stages of the software development lifecycle.
- Collaborates with Enterprise Architects (EA), Solution Architects, business, and project teams to understand business requirements and strategies, ensures completeness of requirements, and create suitable software solutions to support those needs.
- Ensures the designed solutions are achievable and align with the target architecture.
- Partners with other Tech Leads and Architects in driving modular, services-oriented integration and solution architecture.
- Responsible for software quality, including adherence to design and code review processes as well as security and DevOps/infrastructure standards.
- Defines, creates, and supports reusable application components/patterns from a business and technology perspective.
- Keeps up to date on cutting edge technologies in the areas of Cloud, Microservices, AI/ML, and Big Data.
- Ensures integration requirements & designs are supported by defined development patterns and if required augments them as new patterns emerge.
- Uses Agile/SCRUM to deliver solutions with a high level of flexibility and adaptability.
- Fosters a culture of innovation and encourage creative solutions.
- 4 year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience.
- Preferred experience in NoSQL, RDBMS, Oracle, Cassandra (DML, DDL and Query Optimization).
- Experience with system integrations including message-based, Kafka and ETL integrations.
- Preferred experience designing and building data pipelines using Apache Spark or Apache Flink.
- Springboard experience required.
- Microservices experience requird.
- Hands on experience with technologies like Spring Boot, Kubernetes, PCF, Containerization, API Management.
- Experience in capacity planning, systems performance analysis, optimization and running apps in Cloud platforms (Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, AWS).
- Experience in CI/CD processes and tools (PCF, Jenkins, AKS).
- Significant experience with the full software development lifecycle and software development methodologies (Agile, Iterative development).
- Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate across various groups, build relationships and manage effectively in a matrix organization.
- Experience providing guidance, training, and mentorship to developers and designers and influencing team members, architects and management.
- Self-starter, with a demonstrated ability to learn beyond formal training with a strong aptitude for delivering quality solutions and platforms.
- In-depth knowledge and experience integrating applications across diverse technical platforms.
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Work day is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?r=5000777540406&c=1208301&d=External&rb=???