This ad is expired.
Site Reliability Engineering Lead
St. Louis, Missouri, United States of America
Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is a discipline that combines software and systems engineering for building and running large-scale, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. SRE ensures that internal and external services meet or exceed reliability and performance expectations while adhering to Equifax engineering principles.
SRE is also an engineering approach to building and running production systems - we engineer solutions to operational problems. As SREs are responsible for overall system operation, we use a breadth of tools and approaches to solve a broad set of problems. Practices such as limiting time spent on operational work, blameless postmortems, proactive identification, and prevention of potential outages.
Our SRE culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, problem solving and openness is key to its success. Equifax brings together people with a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We encourage them to collaborate, think big, and take risks in a blame-free environment. We promote self-direction to work on meaningful projects, while we also strive to build an environment that provides the support and mentorship needed to learn, grow and take pride in our work.
What You'll Do
- You will engage in and improve the software development lifecycle - from inception and design, through development, deployment, operation and refinement
- You will influence and design infrastructure, architecture, standards and methods for large-scale systems
- You will support services prior to production via infrastructure design, software platform development, load testing, capacity planning and launch reviews
- You will maintain services during deployment and in production by measuring and monitoring key performance and service level indicators including availability, latency, and overall system health
- You will automate system scalability and continually work to improve system resiliency, performance and efficiency
- You will practice sustainable incident response as part of an on-call rotation and through blameless postmortems
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent job experience required
- 9+ years of experience developing and/or administering software in public cloud
- Experience in monitoring infrastructure and application uptime and availability to ensure functional and performance objectives.
- Demonstrable cross-functional knowledge with systems, storage, networking, security and databases
- System administration skills, including automation and orchestration of Linux/Windows using Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt Stack and/or containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
Extra Points For Any Of The Following:
- Needs to be proficient with AWS/GCP/Azure Cloud Environment and at least 2 years of work experience in any of those environments (preferably GCP of course).
- GCP certification (like GCP Cloud Architect).
- Experience managing Infrastructure as code via tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation
- Experience and passion for working within a DevOps culture and as part of a team
Function - Tech Engineering and Service Ops
To apply, visit https://careers.equifax.com/global/en/job/J00128419/Site-Reliability-Engineering-Lead?utm_source=WITI+STL