Senior Technical Support Engineer
Citrix builds the secure digital workspace technology that frees 400,000 customers to do their very best work from anywhere. By joining our award-winning workplace, you'll be included in the globally diverse, collaborative team that values work-life balance. Come see why Fortune named us one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For. Let's innovate and grow together!
What we're looking for:
You will be responsible for providing technical assistance on Citrix products to customers of large size, scope, and/or political complexity - via phone, email and/or remote access.
You will focus on in-depth problem analysis of Citrix products and their integration into enterprise-wide mixed environments. The incumbent may assist less senior colleagues, using fundamental technical troubleshooting skills obtained through previous experience to isolate, analyze, and provide resolution to customer issues of moderate to high complexity, with little instruction from team leads and/or management.
You will qualify more complex customer issues for assistance from the escalation team or other vendors.
This position will mainly support Citrix Daas, including but not limited to Citrix Virtual App, Virtual Desktop, Citrix CVAD Cloud Service, PVS, Storefront, Citrix Workspace App.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Provides technical assistance on Citrix products to customers of medium to large size, scope, and/or political complexity - via phone, email and/or remote access.
- Performs advanced problem analysis and isolates problems of moderate to high complexity, with little instruction from team leads and/or management.
- Achieves and maintains targeted call statistics such as number of calls answered, number of cases closed or issues resolved, along with other established goals.
- Publishes articles on moderately complex technical support issues in Citrix's online knowledgebase, and reviews others' articles
- Documents cases, recommendations, and resolutions clearly in the CRM system, takes ownership of hot and/or more political cases escalated from less senior engineers
- May participate to weekend follow the fun coverage and occasionally conduct onsite mission.
- Participation in a 24x7 on duty rotation is required
- Occasionally conduct onsite mission
- Ability to obtain advanced Citrix certification within 1 year of service.
- Ability to obtain basic major vendor third party certifications.
- Proven ability to work on multiple issues and prioritize work accordingly to business processes
- Ability to identify major concerns from the field and relay those concerns to management in an appropriate manner
- Strong communication and negotiation skill for leading critical discussion and expectation management.
- Strong logical/critical thinking and problem resolution skill.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft and Linux infrastructure (Windows Active Directory, CA, IIS, Authentication, RDS, SQL
- Strong understanding of common protocols (such as TCP/IP, HTTP(S), DHCP, DNS, NTLM, Kerberos etc.)
Requirements (Education, Certification, Training, and Experience)
- Must have at least two years of experience in a technical customer support environment or field experience.
- The individual must have at least 1 year experience with products and technologies in an Enterprise environment.
- Ability to work both independently and well with others
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills with an eye for details and the desire to problem solve
- Certificate of MCSA, MCSE or CCNA or above is a strong plus.
What you're looking for:
Everyone is welcome at Citrix. We prioritize diversity, equity, inclusion, and a culture of belonging, and celebrate bringing our courageous, authentic selves to work. We believe this way of working helps us innovate, and it's just one of the reasons why our employees continuously recognize Citrix as a great place to work.
Citrix helps make work more sustainable to benefit the planet, our business, and our communities. For more than 30 years, we have empowered individuals and organizations to work remotely or work from anywhere, reducing commuting emissions and energy consumption in the process.
We are the #1 leader in Virtual Client Computing (VCC) and #2 in the Application Delivery Controller (ADC) space, and we have key partnerships with top cloud providers. We'll give you the tools, learning opportunities, mentorship, and flexibility to achieve your goals. Come see why you belong at Citrix, with our culture supporting purposeful innovation and growth from within.
We offer a competitive total rewards package* that includes:
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave
- Health and wellness benefits
- Employee assistance program
- Retirement benefits
- Time off and absence programs
- Professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Paid volunteer time and charitable matching of employee donations
- Employee resource groups
- And more!
**Please note that benefits may vary based on location.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, religion, genetic carrier status, disability, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, marital status, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.
Citrix uses applicant information consistent with the Citrix Recruitment Policy Notice at https://www.citrix.com/about/legal/privacy/citrix-recruitment-privacy-notice.html
Citrix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at (877) 924-8749 or email us at ASKHR@citrix.com for assistance.
By applying, you are giving Citrix consent to be considered for future openings of other roles of similar qualifications.
To apply, please visit: https://citrix.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CitrixCareers/job/Nanjing/Senior-Technical-Support-Engineer_R33924