We're looking for a Senior Salesforce Engineer with that can be a key technical contributor to one of our core products: Emergency Road Service (ERS). ERS is a dynamic, fast-paced, and critical 24/7 operation that rescues millions of motorists every year. As a key contributor, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate difference for the company and its millions of customers by positively impacting the team that builds the ERS product.
Duties: If you are the right person for this position, you will have a proven track record of designing and implementing custom Salesforce applications where system uptime, code quality and customer satisfaction are paramount.
- Utilize object-oriented programming and design concepts to develop new and valuable features and enhancements for the ERS product using Agile (Scrum) methodologies.
- Engage with stakeholders, management, product owner and SMEs to translate business requirements into well architected solutions that leverage the Salesforce platform and best practices. Implement these solutions by actively participating in the application development, testing, rollout and support.
- Use Visual Studio Code for application development.
- Measure, analyze and optimize custom Salesforce applications to ensure optimal performance and throughput.
- Be a technical SME for Salesforce technologies.
- Ensure continual quality via unit/regression testing, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD) and code reviews.
- Leverage Project Management Agile tools such as Jira.
- Consult and work with multiple Agile / Scrum teams to achieve coordinated and on-time deliveries.
- Communicate designs and plans to a wide range of business partners verbally and in writing in ways that improve understanding for each participant according to their experience and job function.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering and related fields.
- 8+ years of IT experience.
- 3+ years of experience working on projects to build custom applications on Salesforce including APEX, Lightning Components, Flows and Visualforce pages.
- Active Salesforce certifications preferred (Service Cloud, Field Service Lightning, Platform Developer, Systems/Data Architect).
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of components, capabilities and concepts: Case, Work Order, Service Appointment, Skills, Service Resources, Territories, Work Types, Scheduling, etc.
- Experience building and installing managed packages and guided setup configuration.
- Familiarity with implementing RESTful APIs on the Salesforce platform.
- Must have experience and understanding in Software Engineering Techniques, Software Engineering Architecture, Software Engineering Lifecycle and Data Management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as listening skills and outstanding teamwork skills.