Senior QA Automation Engineer
Location: 5918 STONERIDGE MALL RD, PLEASANTON, California 94588
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Technology Department has an opening for a Senior QA Automation Engineer. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
The Senior QA Automation Engineer will lead the effort to build new test frameworks and or extend existing frameworks. The tool/s accommodates functional and integration testing. These frameworks allow us to perform end-to-end testing in multi-component environments.
You will work as a part of an exciting and energetic team of professionals to deliver robust solutions using a wide array of technologies.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide a practical approach to complex product testing, specifically in the areas of the automation of test cases for the purposes of regression testing.
- Review product requirements, functional and design specifications to determine and prepare automated test cases.
- Work closely with other QE team members to automate the execution and verification of reports created by the various company products.
- Work closely with various Dev team members to understand testing objectives and ensure that problems are resolved in a timely and efficient manner.
- Debug software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products.
- Develop, modify, and execute automated scripts and programs for testing.
- Maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software.
- 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems, or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience
- 6 + years' experience in test automation techniques for complex interdependent programs/projects.
- Hands-on experience creating automation scripts and writing test automation scripts in both Java and JS.
- Familiarity with test engineering tools such as JUnit, Selenium Webdriver, Enterprise Test automation framework, Unix Shell scripting, Jmeter, JIRA, GIT, and SQL
- Experience with Cucumber/JBehave, BDD, TestNG testing frameworks.
- Able to test back-end API's (SOAP and REST) and front-end UI applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of CI/CD tools to integrate the Automation scripts.
- Possess experience in Test Planning, execution, tracking tool.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment methodologies
- Results oriented, willing to take responsibility and accept accountability for action.
- Comfortable with ambiguity as needs change on a regular basis with a high degree of initiative and sense of urgency
- Excellent oral and written skills with the ability to interact with senior management, technical subject matter experts, and business customers are all essential in this role.
- Ability to work on multiple initiatives.
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Work day is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting.adp.com/srccsh/public/RTI.home?r=5000730158006&c=1208301&d=External&rb=???