Senior Java Full Stack Engineer
Location: 5918 STONERIDGE MALL RD, Pleasanton, California 94588
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers in North America, with over 2,300 stores that include 1,700 in-store pharmacies and 400 fuel stations. The family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. The company has $60.8B in annual sales and serves over 34 million customers per week. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we are now at the forefront of the revolution in retail.
Albertsons Companies has a new vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength with deep local roots, that offers an easy, fun, friendly and inspiring experience, no matter how a customer chooses to shop with us. We want talented individuals to be a part of this journey.
As Albertsons continues their digital transformation, the organization will look to expand the influence and scope of the Information Technology Department. They are focused on modernizing technology platforms that grow customer-facing digital solutions for web and mobile platforms.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Senior Java Full Stack Engineer. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
The Senior Java Full Stack Engineer will be part of a team which develops, maintains, and supports the web-based and mobile tools that allow customers to order groceries online for home delivery. These tools allow the Team the ability to fulfill orders through Albertsons Digital Shopping Experience technologies, resulting in increased revenues. This department has a technical team that develops and supports multiple interrelated systems, both internally and with external vendors, to ensure that customers can easily place orders, order data is reported in real time, and orders flow to our operations division for timely fulfillment. The Shopping Experience team supports over 2.1 million online orders annually. This an excellent opportunity to play a pivotal role on a team that is building new capabilities from the ground up.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as a lead on development of customer facing applications, supporting the full stack of technologies, troubleshooting bugs, writing scripts to increase application performance and operational efficiency.
- Develop and implement scalable, secure, and highly performant applications.
- Determines and implements the most efficient and cost-effective solution.
- Work closely with Enterprise Architects and Technical Owners to create applications aligned with business strategy.
- Collaborate on cross-functional Agile teams that include Product Owners, QA Engineers, and fellow Software Engineers to implement the next generation of applications.
- Continuously learn and adapt to an ever-changing technology landscape to bring varied technology options to the table.
- Verify program logic through testing best practices, including writing automated unit and functional tests.
- Participate in design sessions, brainstorming various options, discussing pros and cons, and helping drive consensuses.
- Develop new documentation, departmental technical procedures, and user guides.
- Promote and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems, or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience
- At least 8 years developing n-tier modern software applications in a highly transparent agile organization with iterations, continuous integration, and a drive for quality
- At least 7+ years of experience in software development building Web Services in Java, SpringBoot, Elasticsearch, and Open source technologies
- At least 7+ years using AngularJS or ReactJS, jQuery and Bootstrap, or similar frameworks
- Experienced in service layer integration (e.g. data, authentication, 3rd party systems) using Ajax and REST APIs.
- Experienced in UI and backend unit testing, functional testing, and performance testing tools.
- Must have experience building responsive web applications and related best practices.
- Experience in building Micro Services using cloud native environments like Azure, Spring Cloud, AWS or GCP with sound understanding of Micro Services Design Patterns
- Strong interpersonal, written communication, and presentation skills
- Experience with real-time streaming processing (Kafka/Storm) is preferred
- Proven ability to design and implement web services in a RESTful manner, along with understanding our broader service-oriented architectures
- Proven ability to work within a cross functional agile team
- Must be a self-starter and able to work well with others in a fast-paced agile environment with an emphasis on collaborating and assisting the team to meet business objectives
- Ability to use tools such as JIRA, Git, etc. preferred
- Experience with containerized environments such as PCF, Docker, etc. is highly desirable
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting albertsonscompanies.com/careers/
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?r=5000771004406&c=1208301&d=External&rb=???