Security Solutions Architect
Rackspace are the multicloud solutions experts. Consistently named a 'best place to work' year-after-year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. As a leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Public Cloud MSPs, we keep the customer at the heart of everything we do and our Fanatical Experience is renowned throughout the industry!
The 'Professional Services - EMEA Security' practice is looking for a Security Solutions Architect to support Rackspace's prospective and existing customers. This role is particularly well-suited to a forward thinking, experienced and motivated Security Architect, who has a proven track record in solutioning enterprise grade organisational security including cloud and datacentre environments.
As a Security Solutions Architect, you will be responsible for guiding both senior and junior customer stakeholders on their security posture with a focus on creating scalable and modular solution designs. Additionally, you will be required to provide guidance in support of our assurance and advisory services.
You will design detection and response platforms based on both industry leading and cloud native technology stacks which allow our customers to get a single pane of glass view across their organisation. This may involve customer owned tools which require advanced problem-solving skills to integrate into an existing model.
- Consulting with Technical and Non-technical customer stakeholders on the security requirements at an organisational, infrastructure and application level.
- Being a subject matter expert and advocate for best security practices both internally and externally.
- Be responsible for designing and producing documentation to support secure solutions and topologies for our customers
- Present to customers of varying degrees of seniority on solutions and services provided, in cohort with a wider technical team.
- Developing the skills of our sales and solutioning team by leveraging your SME knowledge to deliver training and development opportunities.
- Assist in maintaining Rackspace's status as a leading cloud security organisation through regular support of our product teams in looking at market trends.
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience of working in the security industry.
- A bachelor's degree in Security, forensics or related fields, desirable.
- Experience of solutioning for large scale, public cloud environments and with using cloud native security monitoring tools such as: o Azure Security Centre and Sentinel, o GCP Security Command Centre, o AWS Security Hub including AWS Guard Duty, AWS Macie, AWS Config and AWS CloudTrail
- Knowledge of security standards (good practice) such as NIST, ISO27001, CIS, OWASP and Cloud Controls Matrix (CCM) etc.
- Experience of security controls, such as network access controls; identity, authentication and access management controls (IAAM); and intrusion detection and prevention controls.
- Holds one, or more, of the following certificates (or equivalent): o Certified Information Security Systems Professional (CISSP), o Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), o Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP), o Microsoft Cybersecurity Architect Expert (MCCAE), o AWS Security Specialty, o Google Cloud Professional Cloud Security Engineer (PCSE)
- A highly self-motivated and proactive individual who wants to learn and grow and has an attention to detail.
- A great analyser, trouble-shooter and problem solver with excellent business skills and security architecture expertise.
- Highly organised and detail oriented. Ability to prioritise, multitask and work under pressure.
- An individual who shows a willingness to go above and beyond in delighting the customer.
- A good communicator who can explain security concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
About Rackspace TechnologyWe are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world's leading technologies - across applications, data and security - to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace TechnologyThough we're all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.Apply for this job
For additional information, visit: https://jobs.lever.co/rackspace/146b95af-2c60-435a-adf9-935fcc348026