Do you believe that all lives have equal value? Are you passionate about delivering products and services to improve the lives of people around the world? Are you interested in applying your business acumen and technical expertise to amplify the work being done at the Gates Foundation? If so, you might be a great fit for this exciting new role.
We are looking for a Program Manager to join our Data Science & Engineering team within the foundation's Information Technology (IT) organization. The mission of the IT is to unleash the power of digital platforms to better support the core work of the foundation, accelerate achieving our goals and amplify the impact the foundation can have on the world. This specific role will focus on building and supporting services and solutions for two areas:
1. Global Health & Global Development's Integrated Portfolio Management (IPM): The purpose of IPM is to maximize the impact of the foundation's Global Health and Global Development product portfolio (e.g. drugs, vaccines, therapeutics, etc.) by evolving portfolio management capabilities that inform strategy development and decision making.
2. Enterprise Metadata Management: The purpose of our Metadata Management program is to create, control, integrate, access, and analyze the data about our core enterprise data (metadata) to help the foundation manage data as a strategic, enterprise asset to inform decisions.
Leadership and Culture
We believe that energized people, working well together, fueled by great leadership in an inclusive environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal things.
Through close partnerships across the organization, this role will help define business processes, analytics, and technology solutions that help leaders across the foundation make great data driven decisions.
A successful candidate will have experience envisioning, designing, deploying and supporting information systems and services. An entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for building great customer centric digital experiences is a must. IPM and Metadata Management are evolving programs and business processes and the nature of the work requires someone who is comfortable leading through uncertainty and working across a complex set of stakeholders to understand and prioritize requirements. The ideal candidate will be able to leverage their technical experience and business acumen to maintain a trusted relationship with users and business partners while providing the clarity needed by technical teams to deliver elegant solutions to the most important foundation priorities. Additionally, the Program Manager will:
* Provide leadership & motivation, across the Metadata Management and Integrated Portfolio Management program life cycles, to a cross-functional team that includes internal and external resources (affiliates, partners, third party contractors or consultants)
* Develop & execute plans that specify goals, strategy, staffing, schedule & RACI, identifying assumptions, dependencies, risks & mitigation plans. Maintain high-quality documentation.
* Direct and coordinate activities to ensure these two programs deliver business value, for agreed scope, on schedule, within budget, and at a defined quality level.
* Ensure our managed metadata management service is focused on the right priorities based on organizational and partner needs
* Provide periodic reviews with management & key stakeholders to assure proper direction of the assigned projects
* Develop an intake and prioritization framework for how to manage metadata requests
* Partner with our business partners to understand and support the business metadata requirements around business terms
* Understand metadata management platforms roadmap, changes and engage with the community of users to understand how to influence the direction of the product
* Advocate, promote and develop stories on how metadata has been used to add business value to the organization
* Develop a strong, trust-based relationship with our Global Health product portfolio management team.
* Build an understand of business processes, system and help create a roadmap for maturing the business capability in the future
* Ensure product portfolio management enhancements are represented and prioritized appropriately against other demands on the IT department
* Lead enhancement testing prior to releases with business signoff on production releases?
Desired Traits and Competencies
* Customer Focused - Deeply understand the customer's business capabilities, needs, user feedback and be able to work with business stakeholders and product owners to synthesize all of that into a prioritized set of user-centric functional and technical requirements.
* Domain Expert - Develop deep domain knowledge, be the primary point person in IT and maintain technical documentation for the platforms, processes and data models that power the Global Health Product Portfolio management and Metadata business processes.
* Technical Expert - Develop technical expertise with the platforms supporting portfolio management including but not limited to Collibra, Azure, and Microsoft PowerBI. This includes expert level product knowledge and mastery of the applications, processes, data models and integration ecosystem.
* Quality Obsessed – Ensure a quality focus in helping to develop and validate acceptance criteria for user stories, coordinate with our QA managed service team and take on individual testing tasks as needed to ensure we deliver the highest quality solutions possible.
* Connector - Coordinate work across multiple business stakeholders and technology service teams to ensure delivery of requirements in a way that accomplishes project goals and fosters collective success.
* Driver - Work within a fast-paced agile process across multiple teams to ensure reliable execution against plan.
* Leader - Influence team members, build trust, motivate team members and build strong relationships across the team and foundation to help drive the work forward. This role may manage contingent staff.
* Operator - Monitor and report on product/service heath, production stability and the ongoing needs to team members, stakeholders and IT leadership.
Core Knowledge and Skills
* 5 years of program management, project management, technical product management or equivalent experience
* Demonstrated successful track record of leading or managing multiple complex projects
* Proven track record of delivering solutions or services designed around user needs, ideally using a User/Human centered design methodology
* Success working with users, business partners and IT to define requirements, scope and roadmaps
* Ability to influence peers and managers and build consensus while dealing with ambiguity
* Ability to function as a bridge across disciplines, such as user design, product owners, business owners and technology teams
* Familiarity with agile processes
* Strong written and verbal communication skills, including public speaking and presentations
* Experience with Data Governance, Global Health, or the Pharmaceutical industry are highly desirable, ability to develop the expertise required
* Ability to articulate the value achieved through technology/project deliverables across the IT org and to non-technical audiences at all levels
Education and Experience
Bachelor's in computer science with 7+ years of experience, or equivalent experience.
**Applicants for this role will only be considered if they possess current US Work Authorization, and do not require employer-sponsored VISA support to begin or remain in this role.
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation is dedicated to the belief that all lives have equal value. We're committed to creating a workplace where employees thrive both personally and professionally. We also believe our employees should reflect the rich diversity of the global populations we aim to serve—in race, gender, age, cultures and beliefs—and we support this diversity through all of our employment practices.
All applicants and employees who are drawn to serve the mission of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation will enjoy equality of opportunity and fair treatment without regard to:
* Sexual Orientation
* Gender Identity
* Gender Expression
* National Origin
* Genetic Information
* Veteran Status
* Marital Status
* Prior Protected Activity
To apply, visit: https://gatesfoundation.org
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency