Product Owner - Manufacturing
Location: 5918 STONERIDGE MALL RD, PLEASANTON, California 94588
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers.
Albertsons' Technology and Engineering organization is looking for a Product Owner to join our Supply Chain and Manufacturing -- Technology and Engineering team in Pleasanton, CA.
At Albertsons, we believe building an amazing customer experience is rooted in a deep understanding of modern software practices and developers who are building the world's most amazing applications. As Product Owner of Manufacturing, you will be responsible for full lifecycle product management.
We are looking for a dynamic leader who has a good balance of communication skills, keen product sense, ability to listen to and build partnership with business and an understanding of how teams deliver the most incredible products for their customers. You'll need to be comfortable leading the development of your roadmap, intake of feature requests, along with any issues.
As the product owner you will own the strategy, define product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product. This is a dynamic role for someone who is a strategic thinker who can turn planning into great product experiences.
The Product Owner (PO) is the main interface with the Manufacturing Plants within the Supply Chain & Manufacturing Portfolio. The PO is responsible for delivering on the end-to-end product vision (fully functional, scalable & secure, secure from the start and frictionless). Additional characteristics of the role:
- Highly visible role requiring the ability to work closely with Manufacturing Plant Leadership; -- acts as a strategic partner; influences Plant Leadership to drive product roadmaps and backlogs
- Owns product vision and internal customer satisfaction; The PO is responsible for Product Strategy, investment management, multi-year planning and market/product analysis
- Plays important role in developing a collaborative, innovative culture with the Product Manager; A proven leader who manages teams comprised of Sub-Products and Product Advisory Groups.
- The Product Owner has direct accountability for Product backlog prioritization, delivery management and financial budgeting.
Our ideal candidate will have a strong ERP functional foundation, be an effective manager and an inspiring leader. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter with strong communication, leadership and organizational skills.
- Continuously improves product offerings through a deep understanding of business needs and a close collaborative environment with our Manufacturing Plants:
- Launches product features aligned to internal customer journeys, both from a discovery of their needs to deployment and utilization
- Engages with key stakeholders in identifying requirements, defining product features, and working closely with development teams to get those features in the hands of the customers
- Builds and leverages relationships across the Manufacturing Plants to deliver innovative products and features
- Identifies gaps between current and future state of business processes and prioritizes opportunities to improve processes.
- Collaborates with and provides inputs to the development team during development phase to meet the business needs.
- Identifies the need and contributes to end user training materials and SOP's (Standard Operating Procedures) when required.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for all aspects of the Product, Roadmap and Lifecycle -- Acts as the voice of the customer (VOC); Is the final authority on product requirements.
- Identifies market need, interfacing with internal customers as needed to define the scope and position of the product; oversees competitive research and technology assessments
- Works with Business Leadership to drive awareness and adoption of the Product
- Creates and maintains the product roadmap, strategy, inclusive of cost, investment and overall benefit realization
- Provides strategic leadership to the team by creating the overall strategic vision for the product.
- Defines, represents and communicates product strategy that is in-line with business long-term goals and objectives; delivers unique value
- Delivers business impact through a variety of metrics, including product adoption, expansion, conversion and usage
- Provides cross-functional leadership and bridges organization gaps between different functional groups across the Manufacturing Plants.
- A visionary -- you see things not just as they are, but as they could be
- A problem-solver -- you find ways to get things done
- A collaborator and relationship builder- you can be effective in matrixed organizations by building great relationships
- Obsessed with efficiency and productivity - because there is always room for improvement
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a track record for delivery results in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient knowledge of product management techniques (product roadmap development, feature team planning, agile methodology), web services, online technologies and user interface design
- Proven ability to develop and nurture a product strategy -- with direct experience in strategic planning, product management practices, and organizational, operational and/or technical change; Possess and up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends and emerging technology and innovation
- An understanding of DevOps with an understanding of how modern software is built, packaged, and deployed
- Knowledge of Agile fundamentals, theory, and practical experience from a product management/product owner perspective.
- Demonstrated ability to drive requirement definition and solution design sessions, working closely with stakeholders across the entire organization and with developer
- Capability of identifying business impacts, recommend best-practices and/or alternate approaches, and provide timeline estimates
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to represent the team in open forums, to peers, and with senior executives.
- Proven customer skills, including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying customers' feature requests in order to identify the most important problems we could solve for.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to follow through to resolve customer issues.
- Ability to share knowledge and coach and train business systems analysts.
- Strong experience in leading discovery and initiation phase for large scale ERP projects
- Understanding of Investment decisioning process, business case development, cost and recovery models
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Team player, but has the ability to lead projects independently with little guidance
- Excellent analytical/problem-solving skills, including data analysis
- Ability to collaborate with senior leaders across business units and functions using data in order to gain alignment on groundbreaking Plant initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions.
- Excellent leadership, partnership and collaboration skills.
- Expert understanding of business value drivers with some understanding of a broader business context
- Significant experience in the Manufacturing Domain including Purchase Orders, Customer Orders, Distribution Orders, Manufacturing Orders, Production Planning, Inventory and Cost Accounting (for Consumer Packaged goods) is desired.
- Strong understanding of investment decisioning process, business case development, cost and recovery models
- Ability to successfully partner with vendors/agencies and internal stakeholders; ability to work within a cross-functional team environment where teams are sometimes located remotely
- 3+ years of Product Ownership/Management experience and leading cross-functional software projects
- 3+ years of experience with software and working with application lifecycle management tools, and popular product management frameworks and tools
- End-to-end product lifecycle management - strong experience in product management focused on ERP/Application products is an advantage
- Experience in leadership and/or management, ideally in a Retail organization
- Proven experience of building strong, cohesive partnerships with internal technology customer
- Experience with SaaS/Cloud applications
- Significant experience with Infor M3 Manufacturing ERP software is desirable
- Experience in the Retail / Consumer Packaged Goods space
- Experience with product management tools (road mapping, mocks, wireframes, project management, Git tools, UI/UX tools)
- Experience with managing software development cycles implementing agile methodologies
- Can demonstrate and articulate past product decisions, product architecture and conflict management examples.
- Strong ability for delivering operational excellence
- Exceptional at prioritizing and focusing on the highest value opportunities
- Deep understanding on how to optimize teams to meet the ever-growing demands of a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cross-functionally with matrixed and distributed teams to deliver results
- Executive presence and mindset, with the ability to roll up sleeves when necessary
Culture Fit and Impact:
Compassion: We always treat each other and our customers with kindness and respect
Team: We always support and recognize each other.
Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success.
Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
To apply, visit https://recruiting.adp.com/srccsh/public/RTI.home?r=5000741210006&c=1208301&d=External&rb=???