At SDG&E, we are committed to the community we call home, delivering clean, safe and reliable energy to better the lives of the people we serve in San Diego and southern Orange counties. Our commitment means we are creating a sustainable future by providing almost 45 percent of its electricity from renewable sources; modernizing natural gas pipelines; accelerating the adoption of electric vehicles; supporting numerous non-profit partners; and, investing in innovative technologies to ensure safe and reliable operation of the region's infrastructure for generations to come.
Our highly trained and responsive employees with their diverse skills, talents and ideas are the reason we can deliver on our commitment and are building America's best energy company. They are also the reason why we have been recognized with the industry's most coveted awards. Our employees undertake challenging work, and receive highly competitive compensation and benefits. As one of the region's largest employers, we're always searching for talented and bright people to join our team. After all, it takes the best to build the best.
Provides overall management and direction for the people, process and technology components that are associated with the Company's Network, Desktop, Distributed Computing, Middleware, and Server environments including support for the development and integration of business solutions.
IT Infrastructure Technology supports mission critical business operations including electric system protection, gas pipeline operations, supervisory control, telemetry, customer service call centers, and dispatch functions for electric and gas operations. The highest system quality, reliability, and availability is essential to avoid impact to revenue activities, customer satisfaction, and safety.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures systems integration and interoperability, both internally and externally. Manages system software maintenance, including version/release lifecycle management.
- Designs and plans future direction of the company's network, desktop, distributed computing, middleware, and server environments including support for the development and integration of business solution.
- Manages R and D activities. Provides project management and direction for Major enhancement and changes. Provides support for the Application Development Lifecycle. Provides support to Strategy and Planning projects.
- Provides capacity planning.
- Provides 3rd-level problem resolution.
- Actively manages risk and mitigation strategies for programs and projects. Provides Disaster Recovery support, including design, planning, consultation and test support.
- Provides consultation and support towards the development of Service Level Agreements. Develops and recommends standards and guidelines in conjunction with Strategy and Planning.
- Negotiates with vendors for the acquisition of new technology and services.
- General management responsibilities include budget, safety and supervision and development of staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned (no more than 5% of duties).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, related discipline or equivalent experience is required.
- 10 years of progressive and directly related IT or communications technology experience, including some senior level, supervisory, project management and/or lead experience is required.
- Specific technical experience should include experience with computing hardware, system software system administration tools and monitors, reflecting an area of specialization that includes one or more of the following: Distributed Computing, including operating systems (W/95, NT, UNIX, AIX), hardware (client servers), database systems (SQL/server, DB2/2). Telecommunications, including LAN/WAN (routers, switching, hubs, etc.), or Transmission (Microwave, mobile radio, circuit/trunking, copper cable plant, site management, etc.), or Voice Processing (PBX, ACD, voice-mail, IVR, trunking, LCR, etc.), communication protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, IPX). Middleware Technology, including systems management tools (e.g. SMS, TME, network management systems), EDI, CORBA/ORB, DCOM, messaging systems (Exchange, groupware). Enterprise Server Technology, including operating systems (OS/390), transaction managers (CICS), database systems (DB2, IDMS) and communication software (TCP/IP, SNA).
- Ability to drive implementation of IT infrastructure in the company.
- Proven sense of accountability and ownership to deliver new initiatives on time and within budget.
- Focus on service uptime, performance, stability and security.
- Advanced understanding of IT, senior management, and organizational objectives.
- Exceptional people, project and technical resources management.
- May require 24/7 response.
- May require travel to work sites within the service territory.
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related discipline is desired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
Competitive Benefits Package:
- Competitive salaries
- Performance Incentives
- Cash balance pension program
- 401k with employer match
- Affordable healthcare, dental and vision
- Generous vacation and flex days
- Employee Giving Programs including charitable donations, volunteer incentive program, and scholarship programs
- Substantial educational reimbursement
- Sempra University for professional development
- Backup daycare for children and elderly family members
- Passport card for significant discounts at local restaurants and entertainment venues
- On site cafes, walking trail, gym, yoga, chair massages