The DevOps Systems Administrator/Engineer collaborates with the application development and infrastructure teams to tackle the coding and scripting needed to connect all elements of an application and integrate the necessary components that are needed to run complex enterprise systems. They use agile methodologies with continuous integration pipelines and configuration management through infrastructure as code.
The DevOps Systems Administrator will facilitate and implement processes, tools and standards for the rapid deployment of software and efficient operation and maintenance of critical IT systems and services; automate and streamline operations and processes, build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations; troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments. The DevOps System Administrator has highly effective communication skills and is able to foster teamwork and collaboration across IT areas to achieve operational efficiencies.
Design and Process re-engineering
Communicating and collaborating
Computer Operating Systems and utilities
Role specific competencies:
· Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration and Bash scripting.
· Experience and understanding of multiple coding and scripting languages including (Python, Perl and or Ruby).
· Experience in implementing and managing DevOps tools such as: Git/Bitbucket Enterprise, Jira/Confluence, Ansible, Artifactory, ELK/Graylog (for internal Enterprise DevOps logs), Docker and other related tools.
· Knowledge around the concepts for observability and methods/tools used for instrumentation
· Understanding of SRE disciplines for curating and maintaining automation that promotes reliability, efficiency, and scalability
· Experience with continuous integration, testing, and deployment.
· Experience with hardware and software firewalls, IPS, WAF, and additional security layers (LDAP, SSO, 2Factor).
· Knowledge of compliance (currently SAS 115), ITIL best practice standards and related audit and compliance principles.
· Experience with full systems development life cycle.
· Knowledge of source code management concepts.
· Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
· Demonstrate flexibility within a variety of changing situations while working with various individuals and groups.
· Capable of technical deep-dives into operating systems, application performance, databases, load balancers, networks, and storage systems.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively in a geographically disperse working environment.
Title and salary commensurate with relevant experience based on the following titles and hiring ranges:
DevOps Systems Administrator - salary up to 101K:
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field. Three years of related experience preferably with complex build and deployment systems or combination of education, training and experience. At least three years of significant coding and scripting experience. Exposure to Administrative experience with Cloud server environments.
Senior DevOps Systems Administrator - salary up to 115K:
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field. Five years of related experience preferably with complex build and deployment systems or combination of education, training and experience. At least five years of significant coding and scripting experience. Exposure to Administrative experience with Cloud server environments such as AWS is highly preferred.
Boston College offers a broad and competitive range of benefits depending on your job classification eligibility:
- Tuition remission for Employees
- Tuition remission for Spouses and Children who meet eligibility requirements
- Generous Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Low-Cost Life Insurance
- Eligibility for both University-Funded 401k and Employer-Sponsored403bRetirement Plans
- Paid Holidays Annually
- Generous Sickand Vacation Pay
- Additional benefits can be found on https://www.bc.edu/employeehandbook
To apply, visit: https://bc.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/2/home/requisition/4390?c=bc