CyberSecurity Analyst III (Contract)
Sierra Nevada Corporation
The Cybersecurity Analyst is responsible for cyber threat identification, evaluation, prioritization and remediation activities under the direction of the Cyber Security Manager. The Cyber Security Analyst continuously reviews existing and proposed changes to SNC systems, networks and software designs, and is responsible for analyzing logging and alerting data, identifying and escalating potential security events. The Cyber Security Analyst will partner with business users to support integration of cyber security protections into business operations, and will act as a key member of the incident response team.
As SNC's corporate team, we provide the company and its business areas with strategic direction and business support spanning executive management, finance and accounting, operations, human resources, legal, IT, information security, facilities, marketing, and communications. Learn more about SNC's Corporate team
- Review proposed new systems, networks and software designs for potential security risks, recommending mitigations or countermeasures, and resolving integration issues
- Provide a Cyber Security partnership with the business to ensure proper implementation of protections toward current and future projects
- Perform regular analysis of specified logging, intrusion detection, malware scanning reports and raw-outputs, escalating potential business threats and risks
- Under direction and per procedures, perform required tasks and coordinate with IT team members to rapidly isolate, contain, and remediate IT system intrusions
- Coordinate incident response and investigation activities with other IT teams as well as internal organizations in an efficient and professional manner.
- Participate in market reviews and product evaluation of tools to enhance SNC's security posture against existing and emerging threats
- As directed, draft written guides and process reference materials to assist IT team members meet policy and procedural requirements
- As directed, perform forensic acquisition for analysis by designated individuals
- Analyze and correlate incident event data to develop preliminary root cause and corresponding remediation strategy by using various data analytics techniques
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Demonstrate understanding of the life cycle of network threats, attacks, attack vectors, and methods of exploitation with an understanding of intrusion set Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures
- Demonstrate hands-on experience analyzing high volumes of logs, network data (e.g. Netflow, Full Packet Capture), and other artifacts in support of incident investigations
- Motivated self-starter with strong written and verbal communications skills, and the ability to create complex technical reports on analytic findings
- In-depth knowledge of architecture, engineering, and operations of at least one enterprise SIEM platform (e.g. Nitro/McAfee Enterprise Security Manager, ArcSight, QRadar, LogLogic, Splunk)
- Experience and proficiency with any of the following: Anti-Virus, HIPS, IDS/IPS, Full Packet Capture, Host-Based Forensics, Network Forensics
- Requires a BA/BS in Related Field. Relevant work experience may substitute for required education
- 6+ years' experience supporting, troubleshooting, and administering a variety of networks, OSs, and applications
- Strong knowledge and experience administering a variety of current Microsoft platforms
- Knowledge of data security administration principles, methods, and techniques
- Familiarity with domain structures, user authentication, and digital signatures
- Ability to effectively execute multiple, complex tasks
- Ability to read and interpret security and technical documentation
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of maintaining confidentiality of high-sensitivity projects and data
- Ability to perform critical-incident response
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required. Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America's fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
As COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities, we are taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 and associated variants pose in the workplace. SNC is committed to supporting our employees while ensuring we continue to meet essential national security needs of our country.
With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, SNC will continue to require COVID-19 vaccination status for all employees including new hires. In accordance with applicable requirements, all current and newly hired employees who are unvaccinated may be required to adhere to enhanced onsite safety protocols including weekly COVID-19 testing, face coverings, and social distancing.
The status of applicable COVID-19 vaccination requirements are subject to change depending on applicable court orders and the course of ongoing litigation. Candidates may later be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or have an approved exemption.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. SNC is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Contributions to SNC come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.
To apply, please visit: https://snc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/SNC_External_Career_Site/job/Sparks-NV/CyberSecurity-Analyst-III--Contract-_R0016117-1?Source=APPLICANT_SOURCE-3-419
About Sierra Nevada Corporation
Owned by Chairwoman and President Eren Ozmen and CEO Fatih Ozmen, Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) is a trusted leader in solving the world's toughest challenges through best-of-breed, open architecture engineering in Space Systems, Commercial Solutions, and National Security and Defense. For nearly 60 years, SNC has delivered state-of-the-art civil, military and commercial solutions to customers worldwide, including more than 4,000 space systems, subsystems and components. SNC has participated in more than 450 missions to space, including to Mars, and is recognized among The Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Space. SNC is also a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force and is the only aerospace and defense firm selected as a 2020 US Best Managed Company.
From engineers and scientists to cybersecurity experts and software developers, SNC's workforce of nearly 5,000 dreams, innovates, inspires and empowers the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination.
Please visit www.sncorp.com to learn more about SNC, its business areas, capabilities, programs, products and services.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, SNC Is required to comply with protocols. SNC aligns its COVID requirements, including mandatory vaccine requirements for employees, based on the status of applicable court orders and injunctions. SNC will take no action to implement the requirements in locations subject to a court order prohibiting the enforcement of Executive Order 14042 protocols. The status of these protocols are subject to change depending on the course of ongoing litigation, and candidates may later be required to show proof of COVID vaccination or have an approved exemption.