Location: 5918 STONERIDGE MALL RD, Pleasanton, California 94588
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons Companies family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit, and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for an Android Developer, Digital Mobile Applications. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
Albertsons Companies is rapidly expanding in its digital offerings and is in need for a Android developer to join the fast growing, consumer facing digital applications space, with responsibility over the customer facing Android applications. These mobile apps are used by thousands of people every day. The right candidate should be able to understand and execute on digital transformation strategies, by creating best in class technical solutions.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Drive innovation and design solutions for consumer facing IOS mobile applications
- Provide inputs in end to end design, development, and testing of solutions
- Work with technical leads, managers and Product stakeholders to meet release dates and timelines
- Work with team, business analysts and subject matter experts to understand the complex technological system in order to produce integrated end-to-end solution options
- Provide high level effort estimates in the absence of detailed requirements
- Keep up to date on cutting edge technologies and effectively incorporate that knowledge to our platform roadmap, design and implementation
- 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience
- 10+ years overall programming experience
- 5 + years of strong hands-on experience building consumer facing mobile solutions for Android
- Hands on experience with Kotlin and Java.
- Sound understanding of architectural pattern like MVVM and MVC
- Hands on experience with REST API services
- Deep knowledge of scalability, security and maintainability of high-volume mobile applications
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, leadership and decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate and drive highly complex technology solutions to broad audiences within and outside of IT through diagrams, written and verbal presentations and communication
- Ability to describe non-functional requirements
- Ability to work independently
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons Culture Principles
- Compassion: We always treat each other with kindness and respect
- Team: We always support and recognize each other
- Inclusive: We always value everyone's perspective
- Learning: We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
- Competitive: We always act with integrity to win over the customer
- Ownership: We always take actions to drive our success
- Work may be performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Must sit, stand, or walk for extended periods of time.
- May spend long periods of time at desk or computer terminal.
- Will use keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment during the course of normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in completion of job duties.
- Work day is fast paced; some evening and weekend work may be required.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers/en/home.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons Companies. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons Companies policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- some positions require applicants offered a position to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?r=5000778334906&c=1208301&d=External&rb=???