Administrative Coordinator - Employee Wellness and Benefits Program
Current Madison College employees must apply to the internal career site by logging into Workday
Job Posting Date:
October 1, 2020
$20.57 - $25.20
HR Compensation, Benefits & Employee Wellness
Madison College invites applicants to apply for a limited-term Administrative Coordinator position who will be responsible for helping provide support for our employee Wellness and Benefits Program! The ideal candidate will demonstrate a commitment to excellent customer service. If you are looking to be part of a dynamic and collaborative team, apply now!
This is a limited-term employment opportunity through October 1, 2021, continuation of this position is dependent on funding.
This position will be open until filled, with a first review date of September 15th, 2020, at 11:59 pm. After this date, the recruitment may close without further notice. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Madison College offers a generous benefit program including health and dental benefits. This position does not offer a relocation package.
Madison College's dedication to promoting equity, inclusion and diversity is reflected in our Mission, Vision, and Values. Hiring an inclusive workforce that mirrors our student population is more than just a commitment at Madison Collegeit is the foundation of what we are striving to do. Come be part of our great team!
ORGANIZATIONAL FUNCTION AND RELATIONSHIPS:
In this position, the Administrative Coordinator will help organize, implement, and administer a wellness program for the employees of Madison College that promotes engagement in a healthy lifestyle. They will help coordinate the development and delivery of communications that promote healthy lifestyle options and health-related activities and programming aimed at empowering employees to take active roles in their own personal health and wellbeing. This position will provide administrative support to the benefits and employee wellness functions in Human Resources and standing committees for employee benefits and wellness.
The ideal candidate would have past experience as either a program administrator or has provided administrative support to an employee wellness program.
- Under the guidance of the Director and the benefits and wellness team, the Admin Coordinator will help develop and coordinate wellness-related activities and programming intended to increase awareness of healthy lifestyle options for employees. Programming will include promotion of items such as fitness, nutrition, weight management, smoking cessation, stress management, financial well-being, and early detection of treatable conditions.
- Administers the wellness software platform by managing eligibility and tracking rewards and employee engagement with the platform offerings. Utilizes current technology and technological resources to configure the software to increase employee awareness of healthy lifestyle options and opportunities to engage in health-related activities and programming district wide.
- In coordination with the wellness committee, benefits committee, and Human Resources, communicate benefits and programs to reduce health risks, medical costs, and encourage healthy lifestyles. Communicates with the College's employees regarding special events and offerings. Creates, revises, distributes, and maintains various communications and educational pieces related to health and well-being using various communication methods and modes.
- Coordinates various on-campus events and classes related to wellness and aimed at empowering employees to take active roles in their own personal health and wellbeing. Plans and markets health and well-being-related activities that are responsive to employees needs and promote active participation. Fosters an environment that provides positive and collaborative relationships within the program.
- Maintains information stored on the College's intranet site pertaining to benefits and employee wellness. Maintains timely and accurate information and resources for employees.
- Provides front-end support of employee questions and inquiries received through emails.
- Provides administrative support to the benefits and wellness committees at Madison College through meeting facilitation, team site maintenance, and regular communications.
- Maintains a commitment to the college mission, vision and values. Complies with college policies, directives, and work rules. Engages positively with colleagues, handles conflict directly and professionally, contributes to team discussions, collaborates and helps colleagues, assumes the best from colleagues, provides and accepts constructive feedback, follows through on commitments, and supports final decisions that are made.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to capture and transcribe, prepare, and/or maintain minutes, reports and records. Excellent organization and time-management skills.
- Ability to establish relationships with employees to promote participation in sponsored programs, and to motivate them to set and reach health goals. Ability to present self as a forward thinker, energetic, motivated, creative, organized, relationship builder, and a leader.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and use good judgment in making independent decisions with a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Skill in communicating effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated skill in communications and human relations with populations of diverse socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds and persons with disabilities.
- Knowledge of customer service principles including how to deal tactfully and professionally with others and establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS: cover letter and resume. Failure to submit these documents by the first consideration date will result in the disqualification of your application.
1. Associate degree from an accredited institution.
*Experience used as an equivalent of an educational requirement is in addition to any experience required by the position.
2. Two (2) years (4,000 hours) of progressively responsible experience in a professional office setting.
Preferred experience: Past experience as a program administrator or provided administrative support to an employee wellness program.
If you are experiencing application issues please contact the HR hotline, (608) 246-6900.
Madison Area Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in its programs or activities. Madison College will not tolerate racism or harassment of any kind. We will provide an educational environment that preserves the safety and dignity of our students, staff and faculty. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Rosemary Buschhaus, J.D., SPHR, SHRM-SCP, Vice President, Human Resources, 1701 Wright St Madison, WI 53704 (608) 246-6900
To apply, visit https://madisoncollege.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/jobsatMadisonCollege/job/Truax-Campus-Madison/Wellness-Coordinator_R0003201
Welcome! Thank you for visiting our career site, where Madison College is committed to matching talent to opportunity. We are known for our real-world, smart approach to learning offering students innovative, high-tech career pathways and college transfer opportunities with more than 150 programs to choose from. Madison College is a great place to work and has been for over 100 years, serving more than 33,000 students in 12 south-central Wisconsin counties. The College offers generous salaries, benefits, and an inspiring work environment. Employees enjoy a culture dedicated to lifelong learning, wellness and inclusiveness.
Take some time and look around once you've have a chance to explore our current opportunities, apply to the ones you feel best suit your interests, background and experiences. Thereafter, you can keep track of your application status and watch for new opportunities that might be of interest to you.
Along with our competitive wages, check out the benefits that we offer: https://madisoncollege.edu/careers
Learn More about Madison College: https://madisoncollege.edu/about
As part of the application process, finalists will undergo a background check including criminal history, educational verification, and references. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify you from employment. All cases are considered on an individual basis, and the offense will be compared to the position for which you are applying.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency