A&P Mechanic III
Sierra Nevada Corporation
Do you have the skills, expertise and passion that it takes to be a top-notch mechanic? Join our team and take your career to new heights! As an A&P Mechanic III, you will provide our customers with an airworthy and reliable product while maintaining the highest standards of quality and integrity. You'll be responsible for maintaining, repairing, and troubleshooting our aircraft airframes and engines to ensure aircraft conformance with regulations.
The ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance), Aviation, and Security (IAS) business area is a leader in ISR and aviation, it is a leading prime manned and unmanned aircraft systems integrator for innovative, high-performance ISR and aviation systems. Its end-to-end Command, Control, Computers, Communications and Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (C4ISR) capabilities encompass design, integration, test, certification, ground/flight training and complete logistics support. IAS tailors solutions to customer cost, performance, and schedule requirements and designs to consistently exceed expectations - with an unrivaled record of on time and on (or under) budget deliveries. Learn more about IAS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and at typically 5 or more years of relevant experience
- A higher level degree may substitute for experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Active, current Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Powerplant certification with no prior FAA violations
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work locations
- Ability to speak, read and write in English
- Pass and maintain Class 3 Physical requirements, including a hearing test
- Ability to understand and interpret applicable technical schematics, diagrams, blueprints, manuals and/or publications
- Advanced skills in repairing, maintaining and/or troubleshooting aircraft airframes and engines
- Current/ valid passport and be able to obtain a visa to travel internationally
- Ability to meet current DoD and Combatant Command pandemic restriction requirements for deployed locations, including current Covid Vaccination
- Ability to deploy for a minimum of 90 days to various OCONUS operating locations.
- Deployment will be 90 (min deployed)/90 home base rotation schedule out of Duke Field with some TDY travel
- Must be willing and able to work extended hours, holidays and shift schedules as required
- An active Secret U.S. Security Clearance is required. Learn more about the background check process for Security Clearances
- FAA repair station and/or Quality Assurance experience
- Able to travel on a regular basis and/or work different shifts including overtime and weekends
- Familiarity with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFARS)
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry, the US Department of Defense or US Military
This position requires current/active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-U.S. Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the U.S., foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) we deliver customer-focused technology and best-of-breed integrations in the aerospace and defense sectors. SNC has been honored as one of the most innovative U.S. companies in space, a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force, and as one of America's fastest-growing companies. Learn more about SNC
SNC offers a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision plans, 401(k) with 150% match up to 8%, life insurance, 3 weeks paid time off, tuition reimbursement, and more.
At Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC), our mission is to dream, innovate, inspire and empower the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome our employees to bring their whole selves to their work. SNC is committed to fostering an inclusive, accepting, and diverse environment free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Contributions to SNC come in many shapes and styles, and we believe diversity in our workforce fosters new and greater ways to dream, innovate, and inspire.
To apply, please visit: https://snc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/SNC_External_Career_Site/job/Duke-Field-FL/A-P-Mechanic-III_R0020002
About Sierra Nevada Corporation
Owned by Chairwoman and President Eren Ozmen and CEO Fatih Ozmen, Sierra Nevada Corporation (SNC) is a trusted leader in solving the world's toughest challenges through best-of-breed, open architecture engineering in Space Systems, Commercial Solutions, and National Security and Defense. For nearly 60 years, SNC has delivered state-of-the-art civil, military and commercial solutions to customers worldwide, including more than 4,000 space systems, subsystems and components. SNC has participated in more than 450 missions to space, including to Mars, and is recognized among The Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Space. SNC is also a Tier One Superior Supplier for the U.S. Air Force and is the only aerospace and defense firm selected as a 2020 US Best Managed Company.
From engineers and scientists to cybersecurity experts and software developers, SNC's workforce of nearly 5,000 dreams, innovates, inspires and empowers the next generation to transform humanity through technology and imagination.
Please visit www.sncorp.com to learn more about SNC, its business areas, capabilities, programs, products and services.
In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, SNC Is required to comply with protocols. SNC aligns its COVID requirements, including mandatory vaccine requirements for employees, based on the status of applicable court orders and injunctions. SNC will take no action to implement the requirements in locations subject to a court order prohibiting the enforcement of Executive Order 14042 protocols. The status of these protocols are subject to change depending on the course of ongoing litigation, and candidates may later be required to show proof of COVID vaccination or have an approved exemption.